Assam Ban movement of individuals amid COVID-9 crisis.
The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has issued a notice regarding additional restrictions to be followed amid the prevailing COVID-19 situation in the state.
According to the new guidelines, there will be a total ban on ‘movement of individuals’ from 2 PM to 5 AM daily within 5 km from the periphery of Municipal Corporation, Municipal Boards, Revenue Towns starting from May 13, 2021.
Those who violate the guidelines will have to face legal actions under Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and under Section 188 of IPC and other legal measures.
1. All Officials and persons, both government and private involved in emergency services and all other essential services on the production of valid identity cards.
2. Pregnant women and patients for getting medical /health services.
3. All private medical personnel such as doctors, nursing staff, paramedical staff, etc. and other hospital services (such as hospitals, diagnostic centres, clinics,
pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, and other medical & health services),
4. All Judicial officers/officials of courts of Assam on the production of valid identity cards.
5. Person coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations/lSBTs allowed to travel on the production of a valid ticket.
6. Officers/officials related to the functioning of offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post on the production of valid identity card
7. There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement/transportation of essential/non-essential goods. No separate permission / e-pass will be required for such movements.
8. Persons who are going for COVID-19 vaccination.
9. Movement of persons related to commercial and private establishments providing essential services/commodities shall be allowed.
10. All the employees/persons involved in operations related to forestry under the Environment & Forest department on the production of valid identity cards.