Google has introduced a new feature called collaborative inbox for Gmail users.
Either one can think creative or non-creative, basically ordinary amid this covid-19 crisis. But Google decided to think for the convenience of people who are the regular Google user specially Google’s default mailbox Gmail. Ahead of the pandemic while we are busy working from home Google does something else which is hard to believe, by coordinating the team members for a better experience for the Gmail users. They have introduced a new feature named collaborative inbox for Gmail.
What Is Collaborative Inbox?
This feature create a scope for team people to collaborate on the messages. These messages can be labeled so the group people can filter the chat to search for certain types of messages. Before starting the collaborative inbox group, you need to enable this feature for an existing group, here are the steps you can follow.
Here are the steps which allows you how to enable collaborative inbox in Gmail:
1. Open a browser and then search or navigate to the Google group.
2. Then choose one of the group.
3. Now, you need to choose an option to assign just a single conversation by clicking the conversation or you can use multiple conversations by pointing these conversations check the box next to the poster’s names.
4. Now choose the option from the top to assign the conversations to yourself by choosing Take or assign it to another group by clicking on the Assign option.
5. There, enter the email address of the person to assign the conversation then click Assign.
6. If you want to remove yourself from a conversation then you can choose Drop from the top.
Members of the Collaborative Inbox who have the correct permissions can also assign conversations to each other for tracking.
You will be able to view the conversation in a group which have been assigned to you by searching for “Assigned to me” groups. For more Gmail tips and tricks, you can follow GadgetsToUse on social media pages to stay updated with new guides.